Back to school is such a great time for kids. Why? This time of year brings a lot of new and exciting things, including rekindling old friendships, making new friends, and participating in new group activities and sports. This year, my kids are most excited for fall baseball season.
Not only are sports fun and exciting, but they also provide camaraderie among kids. Have you ever thought of the many benefits of playing team sports? Besides being a ton of fun and a great way to stay active, participation in sports helps kids build social and teamwork skills.
Here are a few other great benefits to participation in team sports:
1. Builds confidence. When playing a sport, children have the opportunity to show their skills, gain greater self-awareness, and enjoy an activity that they love the most.
2. Provides consistent exercise. Most kids have too much screen time and not enough hands-on activity. Team sports commits your child to regular exercise, which helps boost immunity and contributes to overall physical health.
3. Develops relationships. Children build friendships with other children and their coaches, which is a great way for your child to expand their social skills and understand expectations.
4. Contributes to stronger academics. Children who play team sports are more apt to stronger academic achievement. Through sports, kids learn the importance of time management and discipline.
5. Helps put winning into perspective. This can be a real sore subject for some kids. Participating in team sports gives kids the opportunity to gain an understanding of both winning and losing, as well as the recognize the value of every teammates’ abilities in contributing toward a shared goal.
6. Teaches respect. In team sports, children learn to respect other authoritative figures, such as coaches, referees and umpires, as well as their peers.
7. Encourages family involvement. Your child is not the only one who will benefit from participation in team sports. Moms, dads and siblings can practice plays, attend games and cheer each other on, providing a bonding opportunity for the whole family. Head on over to my blog to check out some tips on how to stay organized on game days.
Crystal VanTassel is aPlay Ambassadorfor Let’s Play.
Indeed, the modern tendencies show the clear picture, that some part of people prefer to play a team type of sports, whereas, other part of society think that the valuable to choose an individual sort of sports. Obvoiusly, distinguish section of physical activities have own advantages and disadvantages and in this essay I will try to show extended view to this statement.
On the one hand, people try to select team format activities due to several benefits. Doubtless, to work in team is considered as a hard work because of not everyone could cooperate with other teammates. For instance, the footbal regarded as a team sport and people who select this kind of sport have a notion that succeed of the game depends on cooperation and supporting each other in team and heeby players teach themself that they must rely on entire team in order to win the game. Secondly, coachers teach their team to value every teammates and encourage by ensuring that the each player is a part of family.
Nevertheless, the team sport is flawed owing to several reasons.Firstly, every team has own leader and it is inevitably, obviously, not everyone could accept it and hence share awards among the team. Secondly, one of the players could move responsoblities for the game to other mate.
To turn the individual type of sports, I can say, that here the person could evolve a personal skill and focus all efforts on special part of physical activity. Futhrmore, individual sport teaches the person be totally independent from other people.
However, the minus of this kind of activity is missing and sustain a social skills due to you are only one person in individual sport.
In conclusion, as for me people must select any kind of sport according to their own personality and preferences.