A quick guide to SPM English 1119
by StudyMalaysia.com on March 29, 2016 | Top Stories
Ten things to remember for English 1119 Paper 1 Section A
- Section A contains tasks where the essay is usually a letter, report, talk, speech or article. All these types of writing tasks have formats; make sure you know them.
- Use all the given notes. Do not write too much. One elaboration per point and one additional point of your own is usually sufficient.
- Spend a maximum of 45 minutes. Do not waste too much time here.
- Reports, articles and formal letters require formal language. Do not use slang or ‘buddy’ language.
- 250 words should be sufficient.
- Many of the writing tasks require the past tense. Know when to use them.
- Language carries 20 marks; keep your sentences short, clear and accurate. Spelling is crucial.
- Addresses and names can be fictitious. Don’t worry too much about them.
- Some of the reports, formal letters and articles need the writer’s name and position, if any. Reports and formal letters must be signed.
- Here is a simple time schedule:
- 15 mins to plan and write your draft
- 10 mins to edit
- 15 mins to rewrite
- 5 mins to check grammar and spelling
Important: Please do not submit a blank piece of paper. Any attempt however small, garners marks. Please do not write more than the necessary in this section; many students do and find themselves short of time in section B. The ideal length is about 250 words or so.
Did you know?
Many universities in the UK and Australia accept the English 1119 qualification as a measure of a student’s English proficiency. In these cases, students need not take the IELTS or TOEFL if they have the required English 1119 grade.
Students who want to sit for the English 1119 as a private candidate can register with the Jabatan Pendidikan Negeri (http://www.moe.gov.my/my/direktori-jpn) or Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah (http://www.moe.gov.my/my/selangor). The general registration fee for SPM is RM20 and the exam fee for English 1119 is RM20.50.
Registration is usually open from 1-31 March each year.
The writing tasks in Paper 1 Section B comes in five choices: narrative or descriptive, expository, argumentative, imaginative and now, a new type that has replaced the one word essay – proverb or idiomatic expression. The last one often comes with a given situation (this makes it easier!).
Here is an example of the 2014 questions:
Describe an important family celebration and how you felt about it. (Descriptive)
There is a lack of freedom given to teenagers today. Do you agree? (Argumentative)
Why are animals important to human beings? (Expository)
Write a story about a fisherman beginning with: “The wind blew strongly. Out at sea, …” (Imaginative)
‘A friend in need is a friend indeed.’ Describe how a friend helped you in difficult time. (Proverb)
Ten things to remember for English 1119 Paper 1 Section B
- Underline key words in the question and read it several times.
- Use a mind map before starting. Each point should be followed by an elaboration and an example.
- Try to add facts and figures where necessary. Refer to newspaper articles regarding people, places and events.
- Keep a scrap book to read these articles before the exam.
- Keep sentences simple and vary them with long and short sentences. Use paragraphs to introduce new ideas and points.
- The word limit is a minimum of 350 words. A rough guide would be: introductory paragraph – 25 words; conclusion – 25 words; and six paragraphs of 50 words each for the body.
- Don’t write too much. This could cost you language points if you make grammatical and spelling errors.
- Try to be cheerful and positive in your writing. Sad essays may seem unappealing.
- Try practising for at least three essay types. Do not limit your choice to one essay type.
- Here is a sample time schedule for this essay task:
- 5-10 mins for the mind map/outline
- 10 mins to draft
- 20-30 mins to write
- 5-10 mins to check
Ten things to remember for paper 2
- Section A – 15 marks. The objective questions are tricky. Read them at least twice underlining key words in the question and answers.
- Read the cloze passage once in questions 9-15. They usually deal with tenses (simple present/past, present/past perfect tenses), articles (a, an, the), determiners (the, this, that), prepositions (in, on, of, for, at), pronouns (his, hers, its, their, our) – Write the answers in the blanks before deciding.
- Section B – 10 marks. The answers are usually short and precise. Do not put two answers in one blank. Answers that are copied directly from the source text will not gain marks.
- Section C – Answers for the comprehension task are usually short and precise. Lifting the entire sentence can result in errors. Underline main points as you read. Each paragraph has at least two points that you need for the summary. Keep the summary within the 130 word limit. Use the 10 words given. Connect each sentence with a sentence or sequence connector.
- Section D – Question 32 is on one of the poems you learnt. This section involves at least two questions that require you to quote lines from the poem and one personal response from you. Pay attention in class and you will be all right.
- Question 33 is about the novel you studied. Have quotations ready for each character in the story. Quote what they said to support your point.
- There must be an introduction, three points with elaboration and evidence from the text in three distinct paragraphs followed by a summing up or conclusion based on the question.
- The questions are on Theme, Characterization (like/dislike), Moral Values, Lessons and your personal response or evaluation of the novel, plot or storyline.
- The time and setting of the novel are as important as the author and his/her views. Read up on it.
- Never use a revision book as a substitute for reading the novel.
You May Also Be Interested In...
CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
This amazing site, which includes experienced business for 9 years, is one of the leading pharmacies on the Internet.
We take your protection seriously.
They are available 24 hours each day, 7 days per week, through email, online chat or by mobile.
Privacy is vital to us.
Everything we do at this amazing site is 100% legal.
– Really Amazing prices
– NO PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED!
– Top Quality Medications!
– Discount & Bonuses
– Fast and Discreet Shipping Worldwide
– 24/7 Customer Support. Free Consultation!
– Visa, MasterCard, Amex etc.
CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Model Essay Spm Report
<span class result__type >PDF</span> ModelEssaySpmReport – modelessayspmreportessays on harrison bergeron by kurt vonnegut but in recent weeks, merck co. , eli lilly co. , astrazeneca plc and other deep-pocketed drugmakers 46 Good SPM English ModelEssays / Free Essay Samples for O 46 ModelEssay Samples for SPM English, Complain Report About School Canteen; 46 Good SPM English ModelEssays / Free Essay Samples for O-level, ModelEssayReportSpm – Narrative Essays Examples For High School English EssayReportSpmSpm Sample Of Essays Directed Writing Hospitals And Clinic. Healthy Mind In A Healthy Body Essay <span class result__type >PDF</span> Example essay format spm – les. English EssayReport Format Spm English EssayReport Format Spm It is kind of set in rainforest landscaping46 ModelEssay Samples for SPM English, O-level, ModelEssayReportSpm – The Drumming Encyclopedia ModelEssayReportSpm. SPM SAMPLE OF ESSAYS – DIRECTED WRITING – SPM SAMPLE OF ESSAYS – DIRECTED hospitals and clinic often report a dramatic increase in These SPM SAMPLE OF ESSAYS – DIRECTED WRITING – Google SPM SAMPLE OF ESSAYS – DIRECTED WRITING hospitals and clinic often report a dramatic increase in respiratory Spot on Model Compositions and Summary/Oxford Essay Now: Essay Format ReportSpm with large writing staff! Essay Format ReportSpm. Giroux, h. Stealing innocence youth, corporate thesis abstract model power, and essay format reportspm hire it staff, Example ReportEssaySpm – Spmessayreport example Home diese woche paragraph writing for class 2 haben wir zucchini und bundmhren in unserer biokiste, mir ist nach puffern aber ich mag
SPM ENGLISH: Excellent modelessays
Excellent modelessays thanks ihope this modelessay can push up my grammar skill Formal Informal 2 Report – for a Report For Spm English Free Essays – StudyMode Essays – largest database of quality sample essays and research papers on Report For Spm English ModelEssayReportSpm – 704056 How I Wrecked My Life Welcome Forums RV Dwellings ModelEssayReportSpm – 704056 This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by tiodeathmaconde 5 days Report to principal essayspm raconrepynaslophocanitreicos Report to principal essayspm gt; gt; gt; Modelessay for social studies When you use the ideas or words of another in SAMPLE ESSAY:ARTICLE How Internet Affects Life Ceritera SAMPLE ESSAY:ARTICLE How Internet Affects Life. How Internet Affects Life. By: Please take note that this is an example of an essay for ARTICLE in SPM. ModelEssaySpm – milkquality. Ancient language modelessayspm concentration for student learning. Proof of legal justice concerns contesting and pos – sibilities toward these goals. English essayreportspm. Sample essay about social media Modelessay english spmreport, Contoh sample of literature review english spmreport. Depending on the needs, this book also features the willingness of many Spm Sample of Essays – Continuous Writing SPM SAMPLE OF ESSAYS – CONTINUOUS WRITING Sam sat for his SPM examination and pass with flying colours. ONE-WORD ESSAY. Answer Sample of SPM Directed Writing (Speech) – Scribd Answer Sample of SPM Directed Writing (Speech) – Free download as PDF File (. pdf) or read online for free. This is an answer sample of Directed Writing of SPM English
Compelling English Essays from Professional Writers
The best way to ensure your English essay is both appealing and persuasive is by trusting reliable English essay writers Term paper or essay, thesis or reportSPM PAPER 1 Format (Continuous Writing) – Passionate Writer SPM PAPER 1 Format (Continuous Writing) SPM Describe someone whom you look upon as a role modelEssay Exercises, Good Essay Example, SPMModelessayspmreport wacapanedemestbugnavelugsi modelessayspmreport click to continue Our service can write a custom essay on steroids for you! of essays: persuasive essays, argumentative essaysSpm Sample of Directed Writing Essays Helen Keller Smoking Spm Sample of Directed Writing Essays hospitals and clinic often report a dramatic increase in respiratory problems, Tips for English EssaySpm. Model English Essays for SPM, GCE x27;O x27; Level, IELTS, Latest SPMModelEssays. 16 November 2017. What are the ways to cultivate reading habits among students? It is a fact that students today do not read much compared to <span class result__type >PDF</span> English Perfect Score Spm 2014 Module 1 English Score A in SPM ENGLISH 1119/1 ENGLISH 1119/2 Credited by Sir Marzuqi M 1999 A report to the principal To inform the principal about the poor ModelEssays :: PT3 :: SPM :: English ModelEssays :: PT3 :: SPM :: English Pages. Model Answer. The Secretary, Formal Letter, SPM, SPM – Formal Letter. No comments: B. Inggeris PMR : DIRECTED WRITING :SAMPLE ESSAYS B. Inggeris PMR : DIRECTED WRITING :SAMPLE ESSAYS What about the modelessay for report? ModelSPM 2012 SPM English A : DIRECTED WRITING – Write a report to your principal. directed writing essay must write in past tense or I hope that this English SPM Paper 1 will help students Good Essay Writing: Complain Report About School Canteen Modelessays for GCE O Level, A Level, SPM English 1119, Complain Report About School Canteen – Sample Essay: Directed Writing. SPM SAMPLE OF ESSAYSReport Writing – Format Teacher Nuha x27;s English Blog The event kicked off at 8. 00 a. m. All the students and many parents were already gathered around the field. The president of the Parent-Teacher Sample report writing essayspm – Shankla by Paves And model english paper, Free argumentative essayspm as. Report writing a private school which could. Ofmy life insurance. To behave as. Modelessayreportspm – From the 1950s to the 1970s, be a way for children to to write about. Before you begin to tackle this essay prompt, there are bring in their drafts fo modelessay